Fish Basa Fillet (Boneless), 330 grm
Click Image for Gallery
Hygienically packed, this pack of frozen basa fillet is presented from the prestigious house of BMS. Available at a competitive rate, this product is produced in fish pond farms where it is fed with soya beans, hence making it more delicious to consume. The fast growing fish produce large white fillets with no bones, flesh that is moist with a light firm texture with a mild fish flavour.
- Frozen basa fillet
- Tasty and versatile fish
- Goes well with grilling, pan-frying, steaming, curry, tandoor and barbeque
- Moist with a light firm texture
- Hygienically packed
Khud Style Baked Indian Basa Recipes:-
Recipe Servings: 6, Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 2 large fillets of basa fish
- 1 cup of basmati rice, boiled
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 10-12 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp dry red chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 tsp ghee
- 100 gms hung curd
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- A handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds,and grind to a powder. Next, char the garlic and grind to a paste with a pinch of salt.
- Combine the ground spices and garlic paste with the dry red chilly paste, turmeric powder, salt, lime juice, hung curd and ghee. Mix well.
- Add in a handful of chopped coriander to the marinade and then, apply the marinade to the fillets of fish till they are well coated with the paste.
- Layer a banana leaf with kitchen foil, make a bed of rice on it, and place the fish carefully on the rice.
- Fold the banana leaf over to make a parcel and tie with string.
- Place the fish-parcel in an oven on medium heat (or the embers of firewood/dry cow dung ) for 20 minutes.
- Unwrap the banana leaf parcel, and serve the fish as is, on the bed of rice.